P.E.O. International Peace Scholarship for women
Study Subject: Any
Scholarship Description: P.E.O. International Peace Scholarship (IPS) Fund was established in 1949 to provide scholarships for international women students to pursue graduate study in the United States and Canada.
* Scholarship Description: P.E.O. International Peace Scholarship (IPS) Fund was established in 1949 to provide scholarships for international women students to pursue graduate study in the United States and Canada.
Scholarship Application Deadline:15 December 2010
Further Scholarship Information and Application
Tags: P.E.O., Peace, Scholarship, USA, women
Scholarship at Health Sciences Research Institute
Study Subject: Medical Statistics
Employer: University of Warwick
Level: Research Fellow
Scholarship Description: As a key member of an expanding medical statistics group in Warwick Medical School (WMS) you will provide statistical and general research design support to health related research projects. This will involve contributing to the planning, design, and organisation of innovative multi-disciplinary research projects. You will also contribute to methodological research in medical statistics and progress the development of medical statistics through scholarship, literature synthesis, and research. Although this is primarily a research post, there will also be some opportunities for teaching and assisting in the supervision of postgraduate students.
1. To provide statistical and general design support to the research work of health professionals in the region covered by the Warwick hub of the West Midlands Research Design Service (RDS).
2. To take the lead on Research Design Service consultations (if appointed at Senior Research Fellow level).
3. To strengthen the Medical Statistics group in Warwick Medical School by developing and pursuing a programme of relevant statistical methodology research.
4. To participate in multi-disciplinary research teams within WMS.
5. To publish the results of research and scholarship in peer-reviewed journals.
6. To seek funding for statistical methodological research.
7. To attend and present research papers at seminars within WMS and the Department of Statistics and at academic and professional conferences outside the University, and to contribute to the external visibility and reputation of the Warwick University and Medical School.